The bald eagle has a goldenrod beak in stark contrast to its white and chocolate colored plumage.
This 'sea eagle,' the national bird of the United States of America, can be found near open water, a copious food supply, and an old growth forest. Its most important food source is fish and it prefers to nest in tall, mature trees. This large bird can be forty-two inches in length, have a wingspan of eight feet, and have a mass of fifteen pounds. Interestingly enough, the females tend to be significantly larger than the males. Usually living for a score or more, eagles may migrate if their water supply freezes. Mating for life, these birds share the work of raising chicks.
This symbolic bird of prey builds a nest that is the size of a small bedroom. Approximately 3 1/2" tall and 2 3/4" long.
3.6 x 2.7 x 2.6
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to the entire United States including Alaska, Hawaii, and all U.S. territories including Puerto Rico
- This item can also be shipped to APO/FPO addresses and to P.O. Boxes in all 50 states
- This item may be shipped via Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping or Express Shipping
- Please Note: Some addresses are eligible for Standard Shipping only (APO/FPO, P.O. Boxes, U.S. Territories and Puerto Rico)
- Please wait for the Ready for Pickup e-mail before proceeding to the store; orders must be picked up within 5 Days upon the receipt of this email
- You will have the option to designate someone else to pick up your order during the checkout process
- You will be able to change the Store Pickup location during the checkout process
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions