Chemistry is the science of materials, their properties, and how they react with each other. All materials are made of atoms. Why do some atoms combine with each other while other atoms do not? Because atoms just want to be happy! Of course, atoms don't really have feelings. But they do have observable behaviors. And atoms tend to be more stable, or "happy", when they have certain numbers of electrons whizzing around their cores. Where do they find extra electrons if they need more to be happy? From other atoms that have too many electrons, of course! When atoms share or exchange electrons to be happy, they stick together. Happy atoms form molecules! With this revolutionary approach to teaching chemistry, you can make your own happy atoms! This physical and digital kit lets you discover world of molecules in an intuitive, hands-on way. The atoms stick together easily with magnets: metal tips on the ends of rubbery arms, which represent free electrons, snap onto magnetic bonding sites on the atom spheres, which represent empty spots for electrons in the atom's outermost electron shell.
Founded in 2001, Thames & Kosmos strives to improve informal science education by publishing high-quality science and technology related educational products for kids of all ages. Thames & Kosmos emphasizes teaching concepts and skills through hands-on learning and comprehensive reading materials for a rich learning experience.
- Build hundreds of molecules from plastic atom models that easily connect using magnets.
- Discover the identities of the molecules you build by scanning them with the Happy Atoms app.
- Explore the molecules you discover, assemble collections of related molecules, and complete guided chemistry quests.
- Includes 17 atoms and a quickstart manual.
14.8 x 11.4 x 4.4
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to the entire United States including Alaska, Hawaii, and all U.S. territories including Puerto Rico
- This item can also be shipped to APO/FPO addresses and to P.O. Boxes in all 50 states
- This item may be shipped via Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping or Express Shipping
- Please Note: Some addresses are eligible for Standard Shipping only (APO/FPO, P.O. Boxes, U.S. Territories and Puerto Rico)
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability