The Embrace, by Robert John Bissell (British born American, August 15, 1952).
The bears in Robert Bissell's universe lead lives as seemingly complex and thought-filled as those led by humans. They are sometimes playful, sometimes contemplative and lost in a world known only to them. Whatever the activity, Bissell's delightful bears draw us into their world and invite a closer look. Here, a group of six bears-most standing upright, all peering upward-are surrounded by swirling clouds of blue butterflies. Are the bears idly curious? Pondering the mysteries of nature? They're too spellbound to tell us.
Although the English-born Bissell started out surrounded by animals on his childhood farm, he did not start out a painter. After studying photography in London and later moving to America, he spent a decade in the corporate world before starting his own catalog company. Soon, however, he decided to follow his heart and create art full-time. He now lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and is represented by galleries in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Montana, New York, Oregon, and Virginia, as well as a gallery in France.
Assembled Size: 20" x 29".
12.9 x 9.8 x 1.9
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item may ship by itself
- This item ships via Standard Shipping only
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability