With 100 brightly colored wooden beads that slide back and forth, this hands-on learning toy helps with counting skills as well as the development of hand-eye coordination. Dimensions: 12H x 12W x 2.75D inches.
Extend your child's conceptual understanding and skill acquisition in math with these engaging STEM Learning Tips.
1. The abacus is considered an ancient calculator that dates back to 2300 BC. Then and now, It is used to teach math skills, such as counting, addition, and subtraction at the early learning level and more complex operations like multiplication and division to older children. Use the abacus to develop your child's counting skills. Have your child move all the beads to one side of the abacus frame. Move 2 beads on the first row to the other side of the frame and have your child count them. Continue this process on each row, moving a different number of beads each time and have your child count them. Then have your child count how many beads remain on each row.
2. The abacus also promotes a child's ability to understand patterns. Guide your child to create a pattern of beads on each row. For example, a group of 2 beads, a space, one bead, a space, 2 beads, a space, one bead and so on. Have your child repeat the pattern of beads on each row and when complete, view the pattern. Perhaps your child can then suggest a new pattern to try.
Research has shown that a STEM education gives children the edge in becoming economic and technological leaders of the global marketplace. Make learning fun and shop STEM toys and games at Toys"R"Us today!Check out our incredible selection of Science, Technology, Engineering & Math STEM Toys for Girls and Boys!
13.0 x 11.2 x 4.2
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to the entire United States including Alaska, Hawaii, and all U.S. territories including Puerto Rico
- This item can also be shipped to APO/FPO addresses and to P.O. Boxes in all 50 states
- This item may be shipped via Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping or Express Shipping
- Please Note: Some addresses are eligible for Standard Shipping only (APO/FPO, P.O. Boxes, U.S. Territories and Puerto Rico)
- Please wait for the Ready for Pickup e-mail before proceeding to the store; orders must be picked up within 5 Days upon the receipt of this email
- You will have the option to designate someone else to pick up your order during the checkout process
- You will be able to change the Store Pickup location during the checkout process
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions