Point to Happy Book was conceived of, written, and designed for children on the autism spectrum. Point to Happy combines a picture book and a pointer to create a breakthrough in reaching children who communicate best through pictures. Ingenious in its simplicity, it was created by a grandmother, Miriam Smith, and mother, Afton Fraser, for Ms Fraser's son, a young boy on the autism spectrum.
Point to happy. Point to sad. Point to hug. Give me a hug. The parent reads, the child points. It turns reading into a joyful, shared experience. Dozens of friendly photographs are compelling to look at and easy to understand. The text is clear and direct. By pointing to the pictures in the book-moods, activities, everyday objects, the rituals of going to bed and getting ready in the morning-children will learn to convey their wants and needs, their experiences and, most importantly, their feelings.
The simple device of the pointer, with its soft, molded hand on a wand-safety-tested and 100 percent nontoxic and PVC-and phthalate-free-begs to be held and used. And using it-the motor task of holding and pointing, again and again-is an effective tool to help a child focus.
12.7 x 9.9 x 0.8
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item may ship by itself
- This item ships via Standard Shipping only
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability