My Keepon is a new interactive toy based on its cousin Keepon Pro-a research robot created by two scientists. Dr. Hideki Kozima and Dr. Marek Michalowski of BeatBots have been using Keepon Pro in playrooms to study social development and autism. When the pair of roboticists made Keepon dance on YouTube for the very first time instantly became an Internet phenomenon.
To answer the thousands of fans who have asked for their very own Keepon, Wow! Stuff has teamed up with BeatBots to create My Keepon, a lifelike robotic toy who can live in anyone's home.
So who is this charming yellow robot who stands two tennis balls high? My Keepon is cute, squeezable, and insatiably curious; craves your attention and touch; and has dance moves like you've never seen!
My Keepon sits atop its very own performance stage. Interact with My Keepon in Touch or Dance mode by selecting the appropriate buttons on the base of its stage.
Touch mode has an array of touch sensors. My Keepon responds to poking, patting, squeezing, showing its mood, and making expressive sounds. See if you can discover what makes My Keepon inquisitive, annoyed, or content.
In Dance mode My Keepon dances like nothing else! A microphone in My Keepon's nose allows it to hear the music you play (or your own rhythms). My Keepon listens for the tempo of the music and matches the beat with an uncanny sense of timing. You'll never get bored watching My Keepon dance to any style of music, from slow ballads, to high-energy disco. Each performance is a unique interpretation!
Batteries: 8 AA batteries are required (not included)
- Interactive dancing robotic toy is based on a research robot created to study social development and autism.
- Cute, squeezable, and insatiably curious robot craves your attention and touch; and has dance moves like you've never seen!
- My Keepon responds to poking, patting, squeezing, or tickling by looking around, showing its mood, and making expressive sounds.
- A microphone in My Keepon's nose allows it to hear the music you play. My Keepon dances to any style of music, from slow ballads to pop music, to high-energy disco.
- Each My Keepon purchase made this 2011 holiday season will help expand the Keepon Pro family of research robots, which will be distributed to researchers and practitioners for further autism therapy.
10.8 x 5.6 x 5.5
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to the entire United States including Alaska, Hawaii, and all U.S. territories including Puerto Rico
- This item can also be shipped to APO/FPO addresses and to P.O. Boxes in all 50 states
- This item may be shipped via Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping or Express Shipping
- Please Note: Some addresses are eligible for Standard Shipping only (APO/FPO, P.O. Boxes, U.S. Territories and Puerto Rico)
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability
This item may be shipped in the manufacturer's original packaging, which could reveal the contents of the box