CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Budding botanists will love getting their hands dirty in this unique biological science experiment kit. Learn about plants and seeds by conducting experiments in a specially designed botanical laboratory with greenhouse domes. Assemble the domed greenhouses, complete with thermometers and ventilation. Construct an automatic watering system to keep your plants from getting too thirsty. Grow beans, cress, and zinnia flowers, and learn how each plant has different needs.
Experiment with plant cells and capillary action. Learn how roots work to transport water and nutrients throughout a plant. Conduct experiments that demonstrate how plants need water, light, and heat to grow.
Discover the strength of a bean and how leaves sweat. See why grass grows back after it is cut and how cuttings can grow roots. Germinate fruit and vegetable plants from the seeds in your kitchen.
Grow a flower garden. Make tiny plaster bugs to decorate your garden. Collect seeds with your socks, and grow a funny grass head. Make leaf and bark rubbings. Learn how you can force budded branches to bloom in winter.
With a 48-page, full-color illustrated guidebook, this kit teaches botany fundamentals with step-by-step instructions for the hands-on experiments as well as growing information for many common plants.
Recipient of the Creative Child Magazine Preferred Choice Award.
14.6 x 11.8 x 3.3
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item may ship by itself
- This item ships via Standard Shipping only
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability