CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
The scientific genius of Leonardo da Vinci is brought to life through this Great Kite articulated model. The invention that inspired this snap-together replica was taken from the pages of da Vinci's priceless and awe-inspiring notebooks. All models are made of wood-look plastic and require no special tools. The educational manual shows how this invention has evolved into what it is today. The genius Da Vinci drew inspiration for his work from his direct observation of the flight of a bird. Da Vinci described its dimensions, the materials with which it is to be built, and its shape and how it works; the whole notebook revolves precisely around the construction and use of the machine. Da Vinci also imparted some "flying lessons" on how the pilot should operate the machine. The piloting must have been complex. He would use his hands and feet to activate ropes and could rotate, move and open and close the wings with his own movements. Da Vinci's design is not drawn in its entirety. We must therefore reconstruct the indispensable parts. These include: the canvas to cover the wings, some articulations and pulleys, and the tail, which Da Vinci knew was indispensable for controlling the machine. This beautiful model will enhace any home or office!
10.5 x 9.0 x 3.2
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item will ship by itself
- This item may be shipped via Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping or Express Shipping
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability