A beginner's dictionary written for children in grades K-2, ages 5-7.
Introduces young readers to almost 3,000 words using 1,000 entries with many new and revised for 2012, with hundreds of captivating illustrations by Ruth Heller.
Full sentences are used to discuss definitions, common phrases, and usage examples in age-appropriate language to show how words are used in context.
Many entries include alternate meanings, word histories, related words, and the way words sound.
Teaches basic dictionary skills: Alphabetization, spelling, parts of speech, letter sounds, use of synonyms and antonyms, homographs and homophones
Jokes, riddles, poems, and fun facts based on word play make learning fun.
References to popular stories, fairy tales, myths, and nursery rhymes spark imagination and encourage language exploration.
11.1 x 8.7 x 1.1
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item may ship by itself
- This item ships via Standard Shipping only
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability