Discover how fascinating the world is when you understand the remarkable reactions behind ordinary occurrences. CHEM C2000 includes everything in CHEM C1000 and more--with twice the tools and materials, and more than three times the experiments. Most notably, this kit introduces you to the alcohol burner for experiments that require heat, greatly expanding the number of experiments you can conduct.
Experiment with filtering and separating mixtures, combustion, and electrochemical reactions. Learn how to work with indicators and stronger acids and bases. Explore elements and compounds, including the chemical and physical properties of water, carbon dioxide, oxygen, hydrogen, and carbon. Discover atoms and molecules. Inspect soaps and household cleaners.
Experiment with various foods from the kitchen to learn about sugars, fats, and proteins. Investigate metals such as iron, copper, and aluminum. Learn about how chemistry is used in environmental protection and industry.
After completing CHEM C2000, you will have experienced firsthand the most important topics in chemistry, creating an excellent foundation for later study of chemical equations and atomic structure.
The 128-page, full-color manual guides aspiring young chemists through 250 experiments. The manual provides clear instructions for preparing and performing the experiments and explains the results. Thorough safety precautions and instructions ensure safe experimentation. Professional quality equipment helps you make the most of your chemistry experiments.
Recipient of Parents' Choice Silver Award.
batteries are required (not included)
21.2 x 14.4 x 4.9
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item may ship by itself
- This item ships via Standard Shipping only
- This item is sold online only (not sold in stores)
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability