Build a working hovercraft that glides across smooth floors or flat water on a cushion of air. Learn how even though air is invisible, it still has mass and can support very heavy objects under the right circumstances. Experiment with propellers and impellers to learn about air pressure and air flow.
The models in this kit use a unique blower motor and a safe, soft-bladed fan to drive a series of models. The blower motor uses an impeller to increase the air pressure under the hovercraft. The fan creates a stream of air to push the vehicle forward. Using these components, you can build and investigate the hovercraft and other machines that rely on air and air pressure to function.
Construct a batting machine that tosses a ball upward on a stream of air. Assemble a basketball launcher and practice shooting hoops with air power. Make a fan-driven car that drives forward, propelled by a stream of air. Experiment to see how much weight your hovercraft can support.
Full-color, 32-page experiment manual. 59 building pieces.
Named an ASTRA Best Toys for Kids (Scientific Play); #6 on FamilyFun's Top 10 Toys of the Year.
16.7 x 11.6 x 3.3
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item may ship by itself
- This item ships via Standard Shipping only
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability