Published last fall, Gallop! introduced the amazing technology called Scanimation and took the children's book world by storm. It became an instant bestseller - #1 on The New York Times children's list. Now Swing! does for kids what Gallop! does for animals - a boy rides a bike, a girl kicks her soccer ball, a swimmer cuts through the water, and a skater pirouettes on ice. The effect is joyous, magical, mesmerizing, and taps into the the endless fascination that children find in watching other children. The second book created by Rufus Butler Seder, the inventor, artist, and filmmaker who developed Scanimation out of his obsession with antique optical toys and other pre-motion-picture illusions, Swing! uses "persistence of vision" and a patented state-of-the-art multiphase animation process to create astonishment. There is nothing else like this unique, patented technology that literally inspires wonder. The images burst with activity, and adding greatly is a happy, rhyming text that captures in words the pure energy of the figures in motion. You can't put it down.
This toy has also been evaluated by National Lekotek Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to making the world accessible to children of all abilities. Lekotek offers the following additional information:
Watch the pages of this book come to life with Scanimation! This amazing patented, state-of-the-art multiphase animation process makes images burst with activity. The rhyming narrative captures, in words, the energy of the figures in motion to thoroughly engage readers and hold their attention. Each page features a simple written question along with sound word answers like zip, zoop, zoom. Children can practice speech by verbally repeating each word. In addition, the thick pages are easy to turn and the simplified backgrounds provide minimal distraction. Best of all, the active story line encourages active play and participation!
7.0 x 5.2 x 1.1
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item will ship by itself
- This item may be shipped via Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping or Express Shipping
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability