Through the projects in this kit, discover the amazing DNA story and the central concepts of molecular biology using the step-by-step instructions and highly visual 3D illustrations to guide you to:
- extract DNA from a fruit.
- probe and spool real DNA.
- build a double helix.
- solve a chromosome puzzle.
- decipher between genders.
- play the gene construction game.
The use of everyday materials demystifies the science of DNA; the following common household items were not practical to include in the kit, but will be needed? a fruit (kiwi, strawberry or onion), salt, ice cubes, funnel or plastic lunch bag, 2 bowls, fork and knife, clear plastic cup, measuring cup, timer or clock with second hand, laundry detergent, food coloring, alcohol (chilled denatured, rubbing or ethanol).
For ages 8 and up.
Contains 172 pieces to build a double helix, graduated test tube with caps, thermometer, pipettes, filter paper, 47 chromosome puzzle pieces, a chromosome tray, eppendorf tubes, DNA extraction buffers, ink base, in well, ink quill and a 40 page full color illustrated book.
10.3 x 8.3 x 1.5
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item will ship by itself
- This item may be shipped via Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping or Express Shipping
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability