This edition of Mancala, which is a part of the Cultural Classics line of historic games, is one of the finest iterations available and is perfect for gift-giving or coffee table display. It combines the rich history of rustic African petroglyphs with the beauty of African 'trading beads'. Whether for play or display, this is a timeless Mancala set for the ages.
Mancala is a timeless two-player game that has evolved from countless versions played for centuries, all over the world. The earliest versions were played with seeds on the ground, in small "burrows" scooped from the earth by hand. Stone carvings and tomb paintings, known as petroglyphs, are scattered throughout Africa and Asia, depicting the earliest versions of Mancala being played in various social settings. Reflecting traditional African values, players encouraged participation by onlookers making it perhaps the most social "two-player" game around. Maybe most importantly, the game and its many variations also played an important role in teaching arithmetic to African children. For 2 players, ages 8 and up.
Contents Include: 1 hardwood board with replicated petroglyphs and unique wooden hinges, playing pieces modeled after African trading beads in four different styles and instructions.
9.4 x 7.1 x 1.7
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item will ship by itself
- This item may be shipped via Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping or Express Shipping
- This item is sold online only (not sold in stores)
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability