Robotics is a vast, thrilling, and sometimes overwhelming interdisciplinary field involving physics, engineering, and computer science. This kit gives kids a simple, fun, and customizable introduction to robotics that lets them build eight motorized machines controlled by programs and an ultrasound sensor. Kids code the programs using an easy, visual programming app on a tablet or smartphone, which connects to the robot models via a wireless Bluetooth connection. The ultrasonic sensor works on the same principle as sonar. It sends out sound waves, which bounce off objects. The sensor interprets the echoes returning to it, and from this detects objects in the path of the sensor. Using the app interface, you can program the robots you build to behave based on the feedback coming from the ultrasound sensor. Build a humanoid robot that walks forward on two legs and pivots to avoid obstacles in its path. An awesome stag beetle model moves backwards or forwards in response to an obstacle, and opens and closes its pincers. Construct a funny crocodile model that wags its tail if no object is in sight, but then opens its giant jaws when an object approaches. Using an additional smartphone and tablet, you can even hack together a cute little spy-bot that roams around and streams video back to the tablet screen. A cool dual-rotor drone model rotates its rotor blades 90 degrees. You can also assemble other fun robots including a robo-dog and robo-dino. After you have learned how the technology works, you can build and program your own robots using the kit's 194 building pieces. A full-color, 64-page step-by-step illustrated manual helps kids assemble all of the models and teaches them about robotics in the real world. Requires a tablet or smartphone running iOS (iPhone 4S or later, iPad 3 or later, iPod 5 or later) or Android (Android 4.3 or later on a device with Bluetooth 4.0 support).
- 64-page, full color manual
- 8 models
- Program and control your robots with tablets and smartphones.
- Compatibile with iOS and Android devices.
- Use the robot's ultrasonic sensor to help it avoid obstacles.
batteries are required (not included)
19.1 x 13.0 x 3.8
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item may ship by itself
- This item ships via Standard Shipping only
- Please wait for the Ready for Pickup e-mail before proceeding to the store; orders must be picked up within 5 Days upon the receipt of this email
- You will have the option to designate someone else to pick up your order during the checkout process
- You will be able to change the Store Pickup location during the checkout process
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions