For thousands of years, people have treasured colorful rocks, beautiful crystals and valuable jewels. Using the ten mineral specimens and other materials in this Kit, you can conduct experiments to learn how Earth creates these natural treasures. Learn how to identify and distinguish mineral specimens by testing their properties such as density, streak color, hardness and translucency. Find out how and where crystals and Minerals are formed. Cast crystal shapes out of plaster to explore the tiny building blocks of Minerals. Attach your specimens to the colorful Mineral poster using plastic boxes to create an attractive educational display. You can use this Kit as a starter set for a new rock collection or as an educational companion to an existing rock collection. Learn where and when to search for your own Minerals in nature to grow your collection. Specimens include amethyst, rose quartz, flint, quartz, amazonite, apatite, mookaite, labradorite, pyrite and a desert rose.
Founded in 2001, Thames & Kosmos strives to improve informal science education by publishing high-quality science and technology related educational products for kids of all ages. Thames & Kosmos emphasizes teaching concepts and skills through hands-on learning and comprehensive reading materials for a rich learning experience.
- 16 Page, full color manual
- 10 Minerals included
- Use this Kit to start your own Mineral collection or to complement your existing one!
- Learn how to identify minerals
- Use as an educational companion to an existing rock collection
13.1 x 8.9 x 2.6
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to the entire United States including Alaska, Hawaii, and all U.S. territories including Puerto Rico
- This item can also be shipped to APO/FPO addresses and to P.O. Boxes in all 50 states
- This item may be shipped via Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping or Express Shipping
- Please Note: Some addresses are eligible for Standard Shipping only (APO/FPO, P.O. Boxes, U.S. Territories and Puerto Rico)
- Please wait for the Ready for Pickup e-mail before proceeding to the store; orders must be picked up within 5 Days upon the receipt of this email
- You will have the option to designate someone else to pick up your order during the checkout process
- You will be able to change the Store Pickup location during the checkout process
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions