For thousands of years, people have treasured colorful rocks, beautiful crystals, and valuable jewels. Using the ten mineral specimens and other materials in this kit, you can conduct experiments to learn how Earth creates these natural treasures. Learn how to identify and distinguish mineral specimens by testing their properties such as density, streak color, hardness, and translucency. Find out how and where crystals and minerals are formed. Cast crystal shapes out of plaster to explore the tiny building blocks of minerals.
Attach your specimens to the colorful mineral poster using plastic boxes to create an attractive educational display. You can use this kit as a starter set for a new rock collection or as an educational companion to an existing rock collection. Learn where and when to search for your own minerals in nature to grow your collection. Specimens include amethyst, rose quartz, flint, quartz, amazonite, apatite, mookaite, labradorite, pyrite, and a desert rose.
- 16-page, full color manual
- 10 minerals included
- Use this kit to start your own mineral collection, or to complement your existing one!
- Learn how to identify minerals.
13.1 x 8.9 x 2.6
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item may ship by itself
- This item ships via Standard Shipping only
- Please wait for the Ready for Pickup e-mail before proceeding to the store; orders must be picked up within 5 Days upon the receipt of this email
- You will have the option to designate someone else to pick up your order during the checkout process
- You will be able to change the Store Pickup location during the checkout process
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions