Young girls love fashion. They love Project Runway. They love expressing themselves through what they wear. And they want to be fashion designers. It's the No. 1 dream job for girls ages 8 to 12, according to The New York Times. Here in one kit is everything a girl needs to know to start designing and sewing clothes?a lively, full-color book that comes with a doll-size dress form, 24 reusable patterns, rick rack, embroidery thread, a tape measure, and a piece of fabric printed in three vibrant patterns.
The Fashion Designer's Handbook and Fashion Kit features 33 projects that range from super easy dresses for 11 1?2-inch fashion dolls (including Barbie) all the way to ?girl-size? projects for the designer to make and wear herself. It shows how to think and work like a designer?from finding inspiration to sketching to developing a personal style. Getting to know fabrics, fibers, and materials; working with patterns; and creating original designs using the dress form.
The Mod Mini 1-2-3 Skirt. The No-Sew Sock Dress. Little Red Cape and Coco Jacket. Every project is clearly explained in step-by-step instructions and requires little to no adult help.
10.0 x 9.5 x 0.5
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item may ship by itself
- This item ships via Standard Shipping only
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability