CHOKING HAZARD - Children under 8 yrs. can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons.;Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.;Toy contains a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Intro to Engineering welcomes young children to the field of engineering with 25 experiments and building projects in five sections. By engaging in hands-on activities, children will learn how engineers apply their scientific and technical knowledge to design machines and devices.
Start by learning some engineering basics with experiments on levers, forces, and pulleys. Build simple devices using these basic components.
Move on to explore engineering on land by building vehicles with wheels, such as a race car and a wind-up car. Next, investigate engineering with air (and in the air) by building a helicopter, a pinwheel, a parachute, a glider, a balloon rocket, and an air-powered carousel. Then, build a diving bell, a sailboat, and a paddle boat to experiment with engineering in water. Finally, find engineering in your own home with experiments modeling the telephone and television.
With a 48-page guidebook, Intro to Engineering teaches engineering fundamentals with step-by-step, hands-on experiments and building projects.
Recipient of the Parents' Choice Recommended Award.
14.6 x 11.5 x 3.1
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item may ship by itself
- This item ships via Standard Shipping only
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability