CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Smart Gear Balance Bikes, which are pedal free and without training wheels, help a child develop the most important skills necessary to later ride a 2 wheel bicycle with pedals: BALANCE and MOTOR SKILLS.
Smart Gear's Featherweight Balance Bikes are made with an ultra-light-weight Aluminum frame, inflatable rubber tires, rubber handlebar grips, cushioned leatherette seat, adjustable handlebar, adjustable seat and a Comfort-Ride Shock Absorber.
These bikes were designed to develop a child's balance and coordination by simply allowing the child to sit and walk or run with the bike by pushing with their feet. If the bike starts to fall, kids instinctively regain their balance using their feet. Once they've gained some momentum and balance control they can lift their feet up as they feel comfortable and start cruising!
Traditional toddler bikes with "training wheels" do not necessarily train or teach a child how to ride a bicycle. The training wheels are merely a crutch that give the child a false sense of security and simply keep the child entertained rather than actually helping the child develop the necessary skills to ride a bicycle.
Smart Gear Balance Bikes are also suitable for children who need to be encouraged with motor skill development and therapeutic training.
Smart Gear balance bikes do not offer footrests. Footrests can be counter-productive as it deters children from learning one of the most important features of a balance bike: Balance. Children learn to balance more successfully when they put their feet down as stabilizers as soon as they feel unbalanced. It is essential to keep their feet ready and close to the ground while learning. This puts them in control of [not] falling down and instills the confidence they need to graduate to a traditional 2 wheeled bicycle. Footrests can also pose a danger to a child by impeding the child's kicking motion.
- ECO FRIENDLY:Non Toxic paints and lacquer, Carton is made from recycled paper with water based ink printing, and Aluminum is 100% recyclable
- Featherweight Aluminum Frame, Comfort-Ride Shock Absorber, and Limited steering radius to prevent jackknifing
- Ultra Lightweight design: Just 7.9 pounds, Pneumatic Quality Cross Country Rubber Tires with extra long tube valves, and Cushioned faux leather Seat
- Rubberized handle bar grips, Adjustable Seat: 15-3/4 - 20 inches, and Adjustable Handlebar: 21.5 - 25 inches
- Encourages motor skill development and therapeutic training
25.2 x 14.6 x 6.5
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item may ship by itself
- This item ships via Standard Shipping only
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability