Explore the fascinating world of chemical reactions that produce light, called chemiluminescence. Mix up a magical blue light in a test tube using the glowing chemical luminol and other substances. With some cool chemical reactions, even coins and radishes begin to glow. You will discover how the natural world is full of luminous mysteries: bright spots on bananas, fluorescent chestnut bark, and glowing creatures in the sea. Experiment with the special ultraviolet lamp to reveal things that would otherwise be invisible. Learn about the electromagnetic spectrum, including visible and invisible light. Experiment with glow-in-the-dark plastic. Build a fun glowing puppet theatre to play around with glowing pigments and discover real-world applications for glowing chemistry.
A 48-page, full-color manual guides you through 22 experiments in light chemistry and provides scientific explanations and examples.
Recipient of Parents' Choice Silver Award.
16.5 x 11.5 x 3.2
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item may ship by itself
- This item ships via Standard Shipping only
- Please wait for the Ready for Pickup e-mail before proceeding to the store; orders must be picked up within 5 Days upon the receipt of this email
- You will have the option to designate someone else to pick up your order during the checkout process
- You will be able to change the Store Pickup location during the checkout process
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions