LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT is back and better than ever: new models, more customizable programming and all-new technologies! MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 combines the versatility of the LEGO building system with all-new technologies, an intelligent microcomputer brick and intuitive drag-and-drop programming software. The new 2.0 toolkit features everything you need to create your first robot in 30 minutes and then thousands of other robotics inventions that do what you want!
To be able to understand why LEGO has been successful for so long, just look to the name. LEGO originally got its name from founder Ole Kirk Christiansen by combining the Danish words Leg Got that means play well and later realized that the word LEGO in Latin translates to I put together. The LEGO set became a standard of creative play for children around the world, unlocking the creativity to build vehicles, buildings, cities and more. Most historians point to the invention of the wheel as a major turning point in world history. The invention of the LEGO wheel had the same monumental effect in the history of LEGO, making it possible to create cars, trucks and eventually the LEGO train building set that is one of the most successful LEGO sets of all time. LEGO innovation continues to this day with product lines like DUPLO that was created in 1969 for smaller hands and still thrives. Movie tie-ins, such as LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Indiana Jones Adventures and LEGO SpongeBob are some of the most popular sets. The Sci-Fi LEGO Bionicle sets have a huge following but the number one selling LEGO set of all time is The LEGO Mindstorms Robotics Invention System. Over 1 million of these sets were sold around the world. In 2009 LEGO introduces the next generation LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0! LEGO currently produces about 20 billion LEGO bricks a year and has sold over 400 billion LEGOs in their history -- enough for every person on the planet to have over 60 LEGOs each!
- Set Contains 619 Pieces.
- The intelligent NXT LEGO brick features 32-bit microprocessor, a large matrix display, 4 input and 3 output ports, and Bluetooth and USB communication link
- Four sensors: Ultrasonic Sensor, 2 Touch Sensors and the all-new Color Sensor
- Easy-to-use software (PC and Mac) with icon-based drag-and-drop programming and 16 fun building and programming challenges
- Building instructions for 4 new amazing robots
18.8 x 14.8 x 3.5
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to the entire United States including Alaska, Hawaii, and all U.S. territories including Puerto Rico
- This item can also be shipped to APO/FPO addresses and to P.O. Boxes in all 50 states
- This item may be shipped via Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping or Express Shipping
- Please Note: Some addresses are eligible for Standard Shipping only (APO/FPO, P.O. Boxes, U.S. Territories and Puerto Rico)
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability