The Tonka Strong Arm Garbage Truck is a free-wheeling vehicle with a multi-action trigger-lever built right in. Pull and rev-up the lever and watch the sparks fly in the window as the vehicle's body shakes. Squeeze the lever's trigger to raise the truck's garbage bin. This sturdy vehicle is Built for Adventure and requires no batteries, just "Kid Power."
Did you know that "Tonka" means "great" in Sioux? It's no surprise considering just how long this great, reliable brand of toy trucks has been around!
In 1947, the first Tonka brand toy trucks were actually designed and manufactured by the Mound Metalcraft Company, a small garden toll manufacturer operating from a small schoolhouse basement in Minnesota. In their first year of operation, a staff of only a half dozen people produced a total of 37,000 metal trucks with two designs. This inventory sold out in just a few months as many post-World War II families quickly accepted this new toy. As a result, in 1949, the first Tonka dump truck was introduced launching the first generation of the Tonka brand's family tree. Today, the Tonka brand upholds the same premise it was found on: a toy should be durable and provide the child with as much play value possible!
14.2 x 9.1 x 9.0
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to the entire United States including Alaska, Hawaii, and all U.S. territories including Puerto Rico
- This item can also be shipped to APO/FPO addresses and to P.O. Boxes in all 50 states
- This item may be shipped via Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping or Express Shipping
- Please Note: Some addresses are eligible for Standard Shipping only (APO/FPO, P.O. Boxes, U.S. Territories and Puerto Rico)
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability