Art In History's replica allows all ages 7+ to explore the Louisiana Purchase in a fun and engaging activity.
Each Kit Contains:
- 6.75" x 5.5" Unfinished Pottery-Sugar Bowl (For Decorative Use Only)
- High Quality Paint brush
- Paint Kit
- Disposable Paint Pallets
- Craft Paper (to protect the painting surface)
- Step-By-Step Decorating instructions
Free Lesson Download Includes:
- History of the artifact
- History of the time period
- Step-by-step Decorating instructions
Join Art In History and explore the Louisiana Purchase, and the Presidency of Thomas Jefferson.
In 1795, Spain was in control of the City of New Orleans. The United States received permission from Spain to navigate the Mississippi River into New Orleans. In 1800, Napoleon Bonaparte the Emperor of France, forced Spain to return Louisiana to France and revoked the United States right to navigate. However at the time, Napoleon was fighting several wars and needed money. He offered to sell the United States the entire Louisiana Territory for $15 million, which is a cost of less than 3 cents per acre.
Thomas Jefferson accepted the offer and appointed Meriwether Lewis to head an expedition of the new territory. This expedition also included a prominent explorer and mapmaker William Clark. During this era sugar was a valuable commodity and was kept in containers such as this. It was quite possible Lewis & Clark had sugar in something like this!
Replicate your Louisiana Purchase Sugar Bowl today and let the learning begin!
Proudly Made In America!
10.0 x 7.0 x 7.0
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item may ship by itself
- This item ships via Standard Shipping only
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability