With step-by-step instructions and highly visual 3D illustrations that successfully guide you through each of the projects, central scientific concepts are presented so that you'll understand the "why" as well as the "how" of light, with 25 activities, including the following:
- fuse colored light beams with a light wand.
- split light into a cascade of rainbows.
- make a kaleidoscope.
- mold lenses.
- make a microscope and telescope.
- capture a shadow.
- box a camera.
- diffract with feathers.
- play the "I Spy" game with mirrors.
- solve filter puzzles.
The use of everyday materials demystifies the core concepts of light; the following common household items were not practical to include in the kit, but will be needed? food coloring (red, yellow and blue), gelatin or jello, 2 clear plastic cups, 1 D-Cell battery, crayons or markers, pencil, scissors, tape, baby powder and scrap paper.
For ages 6 to 12.
Contains over 25 components, including light wand, 2 magnifiers, motor, light bulb and holder, mylar mirrors, rainbow diffractions glasses, a prism, alligator leads, colored filters, light sensitive paper, leans molds, parts for camera obscura and a 40 page full color illustrated book.
10.3 x 8.3 x 1.5
How to Get It
- This item can be shipped to all 50 United States including Alaska & Hawaii
- This item is NOT eligible for shipping to APO/FPO addresses, U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes
- Due to shipping restrictions, Ship Charges will be separate from other items in your order
- This item will ship by itself
- This item may be shipped via Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping or Express Shipping
- This item is sold in our stores
- Orders placed for Store Pickup will receive online pricing and promotions
- In-stock status is approximate and may not reflect recent sales
- Not all items are carried at all stores. Please click the "Select a store" link to check product availability