Please Note: Eligibility to participate in the Very Important (V.I.B) program ended on April 1, 2014. The last day for cardholders to add funds to their V.I.B. card and receive the 10% bonus was April 30, 2014.
10% Bonus Earnings expire 12 months from the day the funds were applied to the card. This expiration date applies only to Bonus Earnings portion of the card’s funds. There is no limitation on other funds remaining on the card. This FAQ section includes details for current V.I.B. cardholders.
The following references the V.I.B program’s original Terms and Conditions. Again, it should be noted that the V.I.B program is no longer open to membership or participation other than using remaining V.I.B. card funds for in-store purchases.
1. The Very Important Baby (“V.I.B.”) program and V.I.B. card are offered by Toys“R”Us-Delaware, Inc., including its Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores, U.S. divisions and any successors and assigns (“Toys“R”Us” or “Sponsor”). V.I.B. and Toys“R”Us are jointly referred to as “Sponsor.”
2. Eligibility: Customers may have enrolled in the V.I.B. program by registering for a V.I.B. card at participating Babies“R”Us and Toys“R”Us stores. Baby Registrants could have added a V.I.B. card to their registry at any “R”Us location. Customers who created a new Baby Registry for the first time online had the ability to add a V.I.B. card to their registry. All other Customers (non-registrants) could have signed up for a V.I.B. card at the Registry Desk at any “R”Us location. Members must have been residents of the United States (including Puerto Rico) and at least 18 years of age. No purchase was necessary to join the V.I.B. program. Corporations, groups, associations or commercial customers and others purchasing items for resale were not eligible for membership in the V.I.B. program. Members must have been enrolled in the Rewards“R”Us program to have joined the V.I.B. program. Limited to one membership per Customer.
3. By registering in the V.I.B. program, the member agreed to the Terms & Conditions, rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the program (“Terms & Conditions”), printed on the card and as may have been in force and published at the Sponsor’s website and as may have been changed at any time without notice. The Terms & Conditions published at Babiesrus.com/vib, or available by calling 1 800 TOYS R US, supersede all information previously published or printed on the card and serve as current posted Terms & Conditions. Member was responsible for periodically visiting this site to view any changes. If Terms & Conditions were updated, any changes would have applied to all V.I.B. participants, including those who registered before Sponsor posted updated Terms & Conditions.
4. Sponsor may have modified, altered, deleted or added to the Terms & Conditions for its program at any time without notice. This includes modifying, altering, adding or deleting program benefits, including the time and/or amount of the added promotional value. Each member is/was responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to the Terms & Conditions. Sponsor may terminate the V.I.B. program, or any element of the program, at any time by announcement on its website, except that it will honor V.I.B. cards as required by law.
5. Abuse of the V.I.B. program, including failure to follow program Terms & Conditions, the sale or barter of cards, benefits, product, promotional offers, any purchase for commercial use or resale, and/or any misrepresentation of fact or other improper conduct as determined by Sponsor in its sole judgment, may have resulted in cancellation of the member’s V.I.B.
account without notice and future disqualification from program participation. In connection with the enforcement of any of the Terms & Conditions governing the V.I.B. program, Sponsor reserves the right to take appropriateadministrative or legal action, as it deems necessary, and to recover damages, attorneys’ fees and court costs. V.I.B. benefits are subject to applicable laws and government regulations and are void where prohibited by law.
6. Upon registration of the member’s V.I.B. card, the member’s friends and family or others could have contributed value to the V.I.B. card at participating Babies“R”Us or Toys“R”Us stores or at Babiesrus.com/vib. Member may then have used the V.I.B. card for purchase of items specified herein. A promotional value of 10% of the contributed amount was added to the card by Sponsor within 24 to 48 hours after value was contributed to the V.I.B. card. The promotional value added by the Sponsor expires in 12 months from day of application to the card, except where prohibited by applicable state law. Contributed amounts do not expire. Members could have gotten a maximum of $200 in bonus of promotional value added to the V.I.B. card each year. When the maximum bonus was reached, the card reset on the anniversary of the card activation date. A V.I.B. card could have been loaded with a maximum of $1,800 at any one time.
7. Originally, the V.I.B. card could have been used for the following purchases only: diapers, formula, baby wipes, baby foods, and other qualifying products as announced by Sponsor. V.I.B. card is only valid at Babies“R”Us or Toys“R”Us stores in the United States (including Puerto Rico) and cannot be used on special orders, delivery, layaway, and all other transactions placed through the Customer fulfillment system. The V.I.B. card cannot be redeemed for cash or store credit, except as required by law. Originally, for returns of items purchased with a V.I.B. card, credit went back on the V.I.B. card. Now these credits will be applied to a Toys“R”Us/Babies“R”Us gift card. Returns are otherwise governed by the Toys“R”Us Return Policy, available at Toysrus.com or Babiesrus.com.
8. A member can view his or her account information and card balance at Toysrus.com/myrewards. For information about an individual account or any other program-related questions or information, contact Babies“R”Us and Toys“R”Us Customer Service by phone at 1 800 TOYS R US or by mail at: Toys“R”Us, V.I.B. Program, One Geoffrey Way, Wayne, New Jersey 07470-2030.
10. The law of the state in which the member resides shall govern any dispute concerning the V.I.B. program or V.I.B. card, including any dispute arising from or involving these Terms & Conditions.
11. Originally, lost, stolen or damaged cards were replaced with a new card and new card account number. Please contact Customer Service (as noted in point 8, above) if you have currently lost your V.I.B. card or have had it stolen or if it is damaged. The value placed on substitute gift card will require proof of transactional dollars added to the V.I.B. card.