TOYS “R” US 21 DAYS OF TOYS SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULESNO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Toys “R” Us 21 Days of Toys Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who sign up at https://www.toysrus.com/21-days-of-toys-sweepstakes (the “Website”) and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of United States, including the District of Columbia, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Toys “R” Us, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and any entity involved in the Sweepstakes, (collectively, the “Employees”), and any immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, the participant (“You” or “Your”) agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules of the 21 Days of Toys Sweepstakes (hereinafter, the “Rules”), as well as any rules, terms or conditions of KingSumo, the third-party vendor of Toys “R” Us who is assisting in the administration of the Sweepstakes. By submitting your entry, You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements contained herein. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Toys “R” Us as final and binding as it relates to this Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Period: You may begin to enroll in the Sweepstakes beginning on October 27, 2020 at 9:00 AM ET, which shall conclude on November 20, 2020 at 11:59 AM ET (the “Entry Period”). Each of Your Sweepstakes entries during the Entry Period will make You eligible for a chance to win a Daily Prize each day beginning on October 31, 2020 through November 19, 2020 and the Grand Prize on November 20, 2020 (October 31, 2020 through November 20, 2020 shall be referred to herein as the “Giveaway Period”). You may not win more than one Daily Prize, but may win one Daily Prize and the Grand Prize. The designated computer timer of Toys “R” Us is the official time clock. There will be a total of twenty-one (21) daily giveaways during the Giveaway Period.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes may only be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on the Website. You may submit one entry to the Sweepstakes per day (i.e., multiple entries); provided, however, You adhere to the instructions provided herein and on KingSumo’s website, which are found at https://kingsumo.com/giveaways/h0u8fd/rules. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize(s). Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at our sole discretion. You may not enter more than once by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules, your entry into the Sweepstakes may be removed from eligibility at our sole discretion. As an alternative method of entry (AMOE), You may enter the Sweepstakes by mailing a letter to TRU Kids Inc., 5 Wood Hollow Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA, Attn: 21 Days of Toys Sweepstakes, which clearly states your intention to enter the Sweepstakes and includes your first name, your last name, the city and state where you reside, and your e-mail address or telephone number. All AMOE submissions must be received by us before the end of the Entry Period to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. If You choose the AMOE option, then we will manually enter your information into our random selection software.
5. How to Win; Prizes: You will have a chance to win the following prizes during the Giveaway Period: twenty (20) daily prizes (each, a “Daily Prize”); and (ii) one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”). The Daily Prize will be randomly determined by Toys “R” Us each day during the first twenty (20) days of the Giveaway Period and the Grand Prize will be randomly determined by Toys “R” Us on November 20, 2020 (each, a “Winner”). Each Winner of a Daily Prize will receive a hot toy list toy to be selected by Toys “R” Us , in our sole discretion. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a Four Hundred USD ($400) virtual shopping spree and will select from toys available in our Toys “R” Us store in Houston, Texas. Each Winner’s prize will be valued at less than Six Hundred USD ($600.00). The prizes are non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including, without limitation, any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winners. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Toys “R” Us and KingSumo to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for marketing and promotional purposes, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Potential Winners will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries on a daily basis and will be notified by e-mail no later than five (5) business days after each day during the Giveaway Period (each, an “Announcement Date”). Each potential Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release (“Declaration”), upon request, which must be received by us within seven (7) calendar days in order to claim the prize(s). If a potential Winner fails to respond to the e-mail notification from us or fails to sign and return the Declaration within the required time period, the potential Winner will forfeit the prize(s) and it/they may be awarded to the next eligible entrant, provided that subsequent entrant responds to our e-mail notification, and signs and returns the Declaration in a timely manner. Toys “R” Us shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES BY WINNER (AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Sweepstakes Promotion: Toys “R” Us and/or KingSumo may promote the Sweepstakes on any or all of its/their official social media platforms and/or media outlets, including, but not limited to, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and the Toys “R” Us website. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein these Rules, You may receive additional bonus entries if you take certain actions when submitting Your entry. You may receive additional bonus entries if You take certain actions when submitting Your entry. Specifically, if You take specific actions (as set forth in the KingSumo application) to amplify the promotion of the Sweepstakes.
9. Rights Granted by You: By entering your information on the Website (i.e., first name, last name, city, state, and e-mail address), You understand and agree that Toys “R” Us, anyone acting on behalf of Toys “R” Us, and Toys “R” Us’, their subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
10. Terms & Conditions: Toys “R” Us reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Toys “R” Us’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, we may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Toys “R” Us. Toys “R” Us reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Rules. Toys “R” Us has the right, in our sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes and/or Sweepstakes entries for any reason, including, but not limited to, the following: (i) multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; (ii) multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the Rules; or (iii) the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage the Website (or any related website) or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Toys “R” Us reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless TRU Kids Inc., KingSumo, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize(s); (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; and (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: These Rules are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, USA, without giving effect to the principles of choice or conflicts of laws thereof. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively in any state court located in Morris County, New Jersey, or any federal court located in Essex County, New Jersey, which is empowered to enforce these Rules and the terms and conditions herein, and waive any objection thereto on the basis of personal jurisdiction or venue, and irrevocably and unconditionally waive any right such party may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than actual outof-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: To obtain a list of the Winners and/or a copy of these Rules, please mail your request, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to us at the following address: TRU Kids Inc., 5 Wood Hollow Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA, Attn: Hot Toy List Sweepstakes.
15. Sponsor: The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is TRU Kids Inc., 5 Wood Hollow Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA (“Toys “R” Us,” “we,” “our,” or “us”).
16. Social Media Disclaimer: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any social media platform (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.). Any content, views, opinions and/or responses to questions uploaded, expressed or submitted by the creators, sponsors, advertisers or users on social media platforms, including on web pages, message boards and groups or otherwise communicated through it, other than the content provided by Toys “R” Us, are solely the views, opinions and responsibility of the person submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Toys “R” Us. We are not responsible for content that third parties publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit through social media platforms. Toys “R” Us does not condone any form of harassment, written attacks, insults, vulgarity or indecency whether perpetrated in writing or the transmission of images. You agree not to do any of the following: (1) upload to or transmit using our Accounts any defamatory, indecent, obscene, harassing, violent or otherwise objectionable material, or any material that is, or may be, protected by copyright, without permission from the copyright owner; (2) use our Accounts to violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or to violate the laws of any jurisdiction; (3) misrepresent an affiliation with any person or organization; (4) upload to or transmit on our Accounts any advertisements or solicitations of business; (5) upload or otherwise transmit files that contain a virus or corrupted data; (6) collect information about others (including e-mail addresses) without their consent; (7) upload files or photos or include in a comment links that you know, or have reason to believe, cannot be distributed legally using our Accounts or that you have an obligation to keep confidential; and (8) engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of our Accounts, or which, as determined by us, may harm Toys “R” Us or visitors to our social media or expose them to liability. Toys“R” Us reserves the right, but does not assume any responsibility, to edit or delete any material it deems inappropriate for our Accounts and its visitors or terminate any user's ability to access our Accounts. However, Toys “R” Us can neither review all material that is posted on the channel nor ensure prompt removal of objectionable material. Accordingly, Toys “R” Us assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by third parties. Toys “R” Us has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this Section 15. Your failure to comply with these guidelines may result in the termination of your access to our Accounts and/or your participation in the Sweepstakes, at our sole discretion. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL TOYS “R” US, OR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES, THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ANY CONTENT COMMUNICATED ON OUR ACCOUNTS, WHETHER BY TOYS “R” US OR A THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL TOYS “R” US BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE AVAILABILITY, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY INFORMATION COMMUNICATED ON OUR ACCOUNTS.
Revision Date: October 26, 2020